Winter is definitely in the air, so we wanted to share a few hacks to help you survive the colder months!
- Take advantage of the warm sunlight by keeping curtains and blinds open all day, then closing them at night.
- If you have wet shoes and boots after being outside, stuff them with newspaper to absorb the moisture and avoid mould
- Prevent drafts under doors with door snakes or foam cutouts
- Electric blankets are generally cheaper to run than a heater, so use an electric blanket to keep warm, rather than heating a whole room
- Use the oven for cooking more, and as a bonus, it will help heat your kitchen!
- Keep blankets in your living area so your family or guest can always use them to keep warm, rather than running a heater
- Get out in the sunlight – it will improve your mood, help your body produce more vitamin D and make you feel so much warmer and vibrant in the middle of Winter!